These colorful Unicorn Bars are such a fun and yummy dessert! They’re made with a light, buttery funfetti base and sweet homemade frosting.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- blue food coloring
- sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla, eggs and salt and whisk until smooth. Using a rubber spatula stir in the flour until just combined. Finally stir in the sprinkles.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are set. The bars might seen underdone, but allow them to cool completely.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer beat the butter for 1-2 minutes until it’s smooth. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the powdered sugar. Next add in 2 tablespoons of milk and mix on medium speed until it’s creamy, scraping the sides as necessary. If the frosting is too stiff add in 1 more tablespoon of milk until the desired consistency is reached. Finally add in 1-2 drops of blue fool coloring and mix until a pale blue color is reached and evenly mixed.
- Pipe or spread the frosting on top of the bars.
- Garnish with more sprinkles if desired.
If you pipe on the frosting as shown in the pictures you will need to double the amount of frosting. It always uses more frosting when you pipe versus spreading it on.
Keywords: easy dessert recipe, easy dessert idea, best dessert recipe, best dessert, homemade dessert, easy homemade dessert, dessert idea