Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix, made according to package directions, into 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup Marshmallow Creme
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 7 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 oz chocolate for melting (I used almond bark)
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions and cool completely.
- In your stand mixer cream together your Marshmallow Creme and shortening until smooth, about a minutes on medium high speed.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar and heavy cream on low speed. Once incorporated turn mixer up to medium-high and beat for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Fill piping bag, not fitted with a tip with approximately 1 cup of frosting. Cut off about 1/2 inch of the bag and pierce each cupcake with the bag, squeezing about 2 teaspoons of frosting in each. The cupcake will begin to expand. Don’t overfill, or your cupcake will crack.
- Frost the cupcakes with the remaining frosting.
- Melt your chocolate in a zip-top bag in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Squeezing bag each 30 seconds to mix chocolate. Snip off a small corner of the bag and drizzle your chocolate stripes on cupcakes.
recipe inspired and adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen