These Savory Zucchini Cheddar Scones are a fun twist on a classic and a great way to use zucchini!!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, diced
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons cold heavy cream, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or fork cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- Stir in the zucchini and cheddar cheese until combined. Pour in 1 cup of the heavy cream and stir to combine. The dough will be dry. Once the heavy cream is mixed in, use your hands to knead the dough until it holds together. (If it is too crumbly and doesn’t hold together add in 1 – 2 more tablespoons of heavy cream and knead.)
- Form the dough into a ball and place onto a lightly floured surface. Flatten the dough into a circle, about 1- inch in thickness. Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons of heavy cream on top of the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the circle into 8 equal wedges and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 3 days at room temperature. Freeze airtight for up to 30 days.
Keywords:: scones, savory scones, zucchini recipe, zucchini scones, scone recipe, cookies and cups