makes 4 cups of frosting
- 1 lb (2 cups) butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan combine butter and white chocolate chips.
- Melt together over low heat, stirring. The butter and white chocolate will separate.
- When everything is melted remove from heat and allow to sit for 15 minutes or so. PLace saucepan in fridge and refrigerate until the mixture becomes solid, approx 3 hours. I actually let mine sit overnight.
- When you’re ready to prepare the frosting, remove from fridge and let it sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes or so, to take the chill off.
- Place entire mass into bowl of stand mixer and beat for 2-3 minutes until frosting becomes light and fluffy.
- Pipe or frost cupcakes or cake.
If made ahead, you can store at room temperature for up to a day. If stored for longer in fridge, you will need to whip the frosting again, as it will get solid.