This super easy 3 Ingredient Shortbread Recipe is so simple and buttery with the perfect hint of sweetness. These shortbread cookies are fantastic served with coffee, dipped in chocolate, or on their own!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined, approximately 30 seconds.
- Press the dough into a 9- inch springform pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.Release the sides of the pan and using a very sharp knife, slice into wedges. Leave the shortbread in the pan until it’s completely cooled.
- Remove from the pan using a spatula.
Store at room temperature for up to 5 days for best freshness.
You can bake this in a 9- inch square pan as well, but for easiest removal, line the pan with aluminum foil before baking.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 6.3 g
- Sodium: 1.9 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 18.2 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 30.5 mg
Keywords: shortbread recipe, how to make shortbread cookies, easy shortbread cookies, shortbread cookies recipe, shortbread cookies christmas, 3 ingredient cookies, 3 ingredient recipe