- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil or vegetable shortening
- 24 raw almonds
- Press an almond on top of each cupcake.
- Put your frosted cupcakes in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt your chocolate chips and veg oil or shortening in a double boiler or microwave. If using microwave heat for 1 minute on 50% power, then stir. Repeat in 30 second increments (on 50% power) stirring after each until melted.
- Transfer your melted chocolate into a wide mouthed mug or a small deep bowl. You need your chocolate to be deep enough to dunk the entire top of your cupcake.
- Remove cupcakes from freezer and dunk tops into melted chocolate.
- When you are finished dunking all the cupcakes place cupcakes in refrigerator to set the chocolate.
Serve at room temperature, just leave in the fridge long enough for the chocolate to set, approx 15 minutes.