This chicken pasta dinner is a great weeknight meal that even the pickiest eaters will love!
- 3 – 3 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (0.7- ounce) packages Italian dressing mix
- 2 (10.5- ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 8 ounces cream cheese with chives
- 1 pound Angel Hair pasta
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coat an 11×15 baking pan with nonstick spray and place the chicken breasts in one layer in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the Italian seasoning packets, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth (or wine) and heat until very warm but not boiling.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted and remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture on top of the chicken and bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbly and chicken is cooked through.
- When chicken is almost done, cook Angel Hair pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Coat the pasta with the sauce from the chicken and serve.
- Garnish with chives and Parmesan cheese if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you would like to enjoy this without the pasta, cut the sauce ingredients in half and bake according to recipe.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, chicken recipe, pasta recipe, chicken dinner, pasta dinner, easy dinner recipe