- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups chopped apples, about 3 medium. I used Granny Smith
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Generously grease a fluted bundt pan (12 cup pan)
- In bowl of stand mixer beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in baking soda, salt and cinnamon and beat until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Fill prepared pan with cake batter and bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes and then remove cake from pan onto a wire rack to continue cooling.
- In a small saucepan melt butter and cook over medium heat until butter is a golden color, stirring consistently.
- As soon as butter is golden, remove from heat and beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk using a hand mixer. Add more milk until the consistency you desire is reached. if you prefer more of a glaze than a frosting you will need to add a few more tablespoons of milk than the recipe calls for.
- Frost top of cake.
- Slice and serve.
store at room temperature for up to 3 days covered.