makes 16 bars
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas, about 3 medium
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (you could also use Craisins or raisins)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In a small sauce pan heat 1/2 cup until boiling over high heat, add quinoa, reduce to a simmer and cover for 9 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to sit for 5 minutes and fluff with fork.
- Transfer cooked quinoa into medium bowl to cool.
- In a large bowl combine oats, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- When the quinoa is cooled add mashed banana, egg, honey, Canola Oil and vanilla to bowl with quinoa. Stir to combine.
- Pour quinoa mixture over oat mixture and stir until all combined.
- Stir in dried cherries, walnuts and chocolate chips evenly.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until top is golden and set.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
recipe from Power Hungry
Store airtight refrigerated for up to 5 days