This is the best dessert for summer BBQs when berries are in season, or anytime of year if you use frozen berries!
- 1 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cold butter, diced
- 2 cups strawberries, cut in half, or quarters if large
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, flour, sugar, and salt. Mix in the butter with your hands or a pastry cutter until mixture form crumbs when squeezed together.
- Place berries in another large bowl. Stir in the sugar, juice, and vanilla into the berries. Sprinkle the flour on top of the berries and toss to coat.
- Place the berry mixture into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with the oat mixture evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden and the berries are bubbly.
You can swap out the types of berries to suit you preference as long as you use 6 cups in total.
You can use frozen berries, just allow them to thaw and drain any excess liquid.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat individual servings in the microwave, or the entire pan in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Keywords: berry crisp, berry recipe, summer berry crisp, cookies and cups, cobbler recipe, crisp recipe