This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is ultra moist because I use a secret trick! This banana bread can be made with or without the chocolate chips and is guaranteed to be your new go-to recipe!
- 3 medium bananas, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with a strip of parchment paper. Spray again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash 2 of the bananas with a fork, leaving them slightly lumpy.
- Slice the remaining banana thinly, and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir until blended.
- Next mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts, and sliced banana.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then using the parchment paper as handles, carefully lift the banana bread out of the pan to cool on a wire rack.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords:: banana bread, cookies and cups, banana, chocolate chip, recipe, banana recipe, quick bread, best chocolate banana bread, easy banana bread