These are delicious sprinkle pancakes!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dry yellow boxed cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sprinkles, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream
- Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. I find medium low is best for pancakes so they don’t brown too fast and cook well enough to flip them!
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cake mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together buttermilk, egg, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined, but slightly lumpy. Gently stir 1/4 cup sprinkles into batter.
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray and place 1/4 cup batter in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 2 minutes until set.
- Whisk powdered sugar and cream together until smooth.
- Pour on top of pancakes and add more sprinkles on top.
- Serve warm.
Recipe from Stack Happy
Keywords:: pancakes, sprinkles, cake mix, breakfast, cookies and cups