Sweet Homemade Biscotti are a classic Italian cookie recipe. These slim, crispy cookies are best enjoyed with a cup of coffee to dunk them in!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Add in the salt and baking powder and mix to incorporate, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Dough will be very sticky.
- Divide the dough in half. Form the dough into 2 (15- inch) logs on your baking sheet allowing at least 3- inches in between the two logs to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Using a knife or a bench scraper, cut into slices 1- inch thick. Lay the sliced biscotti flat on the baking sheet and place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the biscotti over and bake for an additional 3 – 4 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to a week.
Freeze airtight for up to 60 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, almond biscotti, Italian biscotti