This easy blackberry cobbler will quickly become a favorite!
- 12 ounces blackberries
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 8×12 baking dish liberally with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Rinse blackberries and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together 1 cup of granulated sugar, flour, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Then whisk in the butter until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Add the blackberries evenly on top of the batter. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the top is golden and crackly.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat portions in the microwave.
If you don’t have an 8×12- inch baking dish you can use any 3- quart pan you have. It will work in a 9×13- inch pan, but it will just be thinner.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 34.9 g
- Sodium: 247 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.8 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 15.9 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, blackberry cobbler, easy cobbler recipe, blackberry dessert