These delicious Blondie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect treats to keep you cool this summer. You won’t find a more fun ice cream sandwich recipe!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 14 (Snack Sized) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
- approx 5 cups ice cream, softened on counter for 20–30 minutes or until spreadable
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 11″x17″ jelly roll pan with non-stick spray and then line with parchment paper and spray again. (If you don’t have this exact size, it’s fine)
- In your mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla beating until smooth. Turn mixer to low and add in baking soda, salt and flour.
- Spread this in your prepared pan. I used an off-set spatula to spread, because the batter is sticky.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the blondie is set and golden.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in pan completely.
- When ready to assemble the ice cream sandwiches remove your ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften until spreadable.
- Chop your peanut butter cups into coarse pieces.
- Transfer your blondie to a large cutting board and cut in half.
- Transfer one blondie half onto a large piece of foil, so when you are done assembling you can easily wrap them up.
- Spread you ice cream evenly over top of the blondie, spreading to about 1 inch from edge. Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top of that pressing gently into the ice cream.
- Press your other layer of blondie on top and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours until ice cream is hard.
- Remove from freezer when ready to serve and cut into squares using a sharp knife.
You can also individually wrap these in plastic wrap and save for later.
Feel free to use any flavor ice cream or candy for different variations.
Keywords:: homemade ice cream sandwich, cookie ice cream sandwich