While the rest of the world is doing pumpkin and apples and cozy, I thought I would take a different direction.
At least for the day.
I mean, there is only so much spice a girl can eat, ya know what I’m sayin?
So, while I am playing opposite day I also decided to wear shorts with my Ugg boots. You know just to try it out.
Well, I didn’t look like Kate Hudson, I will assure you. I just looked like a confused middle aged woman trying to look all 2003.
So anyway, eating ice cream sandwiches in the fall is sort of the equivalent to wearing Uggs with shorts. Except it works.
Trust me on this.
Ice cream is always in season.
Plus this ice cream is sandwiched between two buttery blondie bars and filled with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
It’s a wonderful world.
Blondie Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Just make a simple cookie dough. With all the regular stuff…butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla. You know, regular…
Then spread it in a pan. A big pan.
Bake it. Cool it and Cut it. In half.
And I suggest chopping up some peanut butter cups…
Meanwhile, let your ice cream get all melty. Well, not too melty, just spreadable-melty.
And then spread it all over one half of your blondie.
And this is totally optional…top it will all those chopped peanut butter cups. Totally optional…ha.
Now press your other blondie on top gently…
And wrap it in foil. Kinda tightly.
Freeze it for about 2 hours or more…it’s gonna be a long 2 hours.
Then cut it into squares.
And really. Ice cream all year long.
Makes approx 15 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 14 (Snack Sized) Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
- approx 5 cups ice cream, softened on counter for 20-30 minutes or until spreadable
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 11″x17″ jelly roll pan with non-stick spray and then line with parchment paper and spray again. (If you don’t have this exact size, it’s fine)
- In your mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla beating until smooth. Turn mixer to low and add in baking soda, salt and flour.
- Spread this in your prepared pan. I used an off-set spatula to spread, because the batter is sticky.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the blondie is set and golden.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in pan completely.
- When ready to assemble the ice cream sandwiches remove your ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften until spreadable.
- Chop your peanut butter cups into coarse pieces.
- Transfer your blondie to a large cutting board and cut in half.
- Transfer one blondie half onto a large piece of foil, so when you are done assembling you can easily wrap them up.
- Spread you ice cream evenly over top of the blondie, spreading to about 1 inch from edge. Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top of that pressing gently into the ice cream.
- Press your other layer of blondie on top and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours until ice cream is hard.
- Remove from freezer when ready to serve and cut into squares using a sharp knife.
You can also individually wrap these in plastic wrap and save for later.
Feel free to use any flavor ice cream or candy for different variations.