These Browned Butter Banana Blondies with brown sugar frosting are OUT OF CONTROL delicious.
I am super into browning butter, just like any good food blogger is, I guess. And isn’t it a strange world we live in where food blogger is an actual job? Freaking crazy. Awesome, yes…but also crazy.
But you know what is actually NOT awesome….is buying a car when you are a food blogger. Filling out the “occupation” slot on the credit application is very confusing. To both me and the credit manager guy.
So like, do I put BLOGGER? That sounds so…I don’t know…not like a real job?
And then ALL THE QUESTIONS you get after you hand over the application…you make MONEY blogging? How does that work? Where does the money come from? How? HOWWW?
So yeah, I ended up putting “Website Publisher”, which I thought at the time sounded super grown up and profesh. Until the guy came out and asked me what that meant. And I had to say blogger anyway.
Anyway. Next time I will just write “Food Blogger” as my occupation with my URL next to it.
Let’s now talk blondies. With browned butter, because it’s my JOB.
These are Banana Blondies. And they are simple simple. Promise.
Grab you a banana and some brown sugar.
Then melt your butter. Or brown it if you’re nasty.
Mix the butter and brown sugar together.
Mix in the rest of your ingredients…including the banana, that you need to mash, btw.
And then spread it in to a lined pan…
Bake it up for about 25 minutes. And if you want (you want) make some brown sugar frosting. It’s so yum. and when they’re cooled spread it all up on there…
I swear you need to make these. They are THAT good.
If you like banana stuff, check out these other recipes I’ve got:Print
makes 16 blondies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and if desired browned
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (1 medium banana)
Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside
- In bowl of stand mixer combine melted (or browned) butter and sugar. Mix until combined. Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated. Stir in salt, flour and banana until batter is smooth and even. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool.
- Frost the blondies when they are mostly cooled.
Brown Sugar Frosting
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and milk and stir until mixture comes to just a boil. Remove from heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in powdered sugar with a whisk.
- Spread on top of blondies and allow frosting to set and blondies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
If you choose to brown the butter, melt butter in saucepan and continue cooking, once it’s melted by swirling the butter in the pan until butter reaches a deep golden brown color.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen.