Banana bread just got a serious upgrade with my Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread recipe. This banana bread is moist, dense, and filled with peanut butter cups.
Make sure to try my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread too!! I use a technique that makes it THE BEST!
Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Takes A Classic To the Next Level!
We all know and love banana bread. It’s one of those recipes that almost everyone loves, and has a recipe for, whether it be their grandma’s or one they developed on their own. It’s easy to make, a great use of bananas that are about to expire, and well…most importantly…it’s delicious!
So what I have doe today is made a moist, sweet banana bread recipe, but I’ve added a little peanut butter to add a nutty flavor along with miniature peanut butter cups. This is a chocolate/peanut butter lovers dream!
But is Peanut Butter Banana Bread GOOD?
Peanut butter and bananas are a combination that has been around for ages. Have you ever had a peanut butter and banana sandwich? This is the same vibe!
The peanut butter flavor in this bread is subtle and not overwhelming, but adds a depth and a nuttiness that combines perfectly.
I actually developed this recipe way back in 2011, but decided the pictures and recipe needed a little updating. The recipe itself stayed pretty much the same, with a few very minor tweaks, and the images…well…they now look as delicious as the bread tastes!
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- mashed banana
- peanut butter
- vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- miniature peanut butter cups
Tips When Making This Banana Bread:
- If you don’t use parchment paper or just don’t have it on-hand, make sure to grease your loaf pan well! Sounds like a simple thing, but this recipe has a fair amount of added sugar and will stick to the top and sides as it rises!
- Don’t over-mix banana bread batter. It might seem lumpy, but that’s ok! If you over-mix the bread will become too dense and a little crumbly!
- If you can’t find the mini peanut butter cups you can chop larger ones, OR use chocolate chunk in their place.
- I don’t recommend using natural or homemade peanut butter in this recipe.
Love Banana Bread? Try Some Of My Other Delicious Recipes:
Banana bread just got a serious upgrade with my Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread recipe. This banana bread is moist, dense, and filled with mini peanut butter cups!
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8– ounces miniature peanut butter cups or chopped peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5- inch loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In another large bowl mix together the bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg, and sugar.
- Pour the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in the peanut butter cups and spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, banana bread, peanut butter banana bread, peanut butter cups
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: