This fall inspired Cole Slaw Recipe is simple to put together and is packed with apples, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds! Perfect on BBQ, Sloppy Joes, or as a side salad with your meal!
Serve this on top of my Pumpkin Sloppy Joes for an easy fall dinner which I will be sharing tomorrow!
This Homemade Cole Slaw Recipe Has Major Fall Vibes!
I know Cole Slaw might seem like a random recipe to have here on my site…but stay with me. I am a HUGE salad girl. I pretty much live on salads throughout the week. I mean HELLO, you have to have balance somewhere when you’re eating cookies all the time.
Plus, I realized that cole slaw is actually something I make pretty frequently and I’ve never shared a recipe with you guys!
We eat cole slaw all the time on BBQ and I usually just whip it up as an afterthought. But I thought it might be fun to take my regular recipe and give it a fall twist with the addition of apples, dried cranberries and salty pumpkin seeds.This is one of my favorite slaw recipes ever!
What Do You Need to Make Fall Cole Slaw?
The ingredient list is pretty simple!
- Greek Yogurt
- Apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Cole slaw mix
- Granny Smith apple
- Dried cranberries
- Pumpkin seeds
And here’s the great thing about cole slaw…you can really adapt it pretty heavily! I am going to give you some options.
If You Don’t Have…
- Greek Yogurt – Use all mayonnaise. Or use sour cream instead!
- Mayo – Use all Greek yogurt OR mashed avocado OR hummus
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Use any other type of vinegar OR sub in mustard.
- Honey – Use agave syrup, or 1 to 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar OR you can leave it out entirely!
- Granny Smith Apples – Any type of apple OR sliced grapes OR mango OR leave it out!
- Dried cranberries – Dried Cherries OR raisins OR omit them!
- Pumpkin Seeds – Pecans OR walnuts OR pistachios.
Do You Have To Use Pre-bagged Cole Slaw Mix?
Absolutely not! I find the packaged cole slaw mix to be very convenient, but you can shred your own combination of cabbage if you want to. I prefer Napa Cabbage. Also don’t forget to grate about 1/2 cup of carrots to go in as well!
What Can You Serve This Slaw On?
Here are a few of my favorites sandwiches to top with this slaw:Print
This fall inspired cole slaw recipe is simple to put together and is packed with apples, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds! Perfect on BBQ, Sloppy Joes, or as a side salad with your meal!
- 3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14- ounce) bag cole slaw mix
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- In a medium bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the cole slaw, apples, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour the dressing on top of the cole slaw mixture and stir to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to combine.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 107.4 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, cole slaw, cabbage, salad recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: