Berry Ambrosia Salad is a creamy, fresh fruit salad that is the perfect ambrosia salad recipe for your next gathering! Everyone loves this Ambrosia Fruit Salad!
If you like this recipe, you may also want to check out this Frog Eye Salad!
I have to say, I am one of those children of the 80’s who grew up eating Ambrosia Salad at any given potluck. That, along with any variation of pasta salad, potato salad, or Jello salad, made the 80’s a very salad-friendly decade. I mean, right?
Anyhow, I’m pulling a major throwback today. But I’m putting a modern spin on it! No more canned mandarin oranges or maraschino cherries…today we’re doing a FRESH Berry Ambrosia salad!
What IS Ambrosia Salad?
Well, Ambrosia Salad is variation of a fruit salad, typically with sweetened pineapple, mini marshmallows and coconut! Sometimes there will be oranges, bananas, grapes, or even pecans included. Generally it’s combined with whipped cream or a whipped topping as well. It’s for SURE delicious.
But like I said today, I am modernizing my ambrosia salad recipe a little and including all fresh berries! And yes, before you ask, you can absolutely use frozen (and thawed) berries if fresh aren’t available!
Then I whipped up some heavy cream and some cream cheese and folded the two together, then added in some flaked coconut. Finally I folded the fresh berries right into the ambrosia mixture!
How gorgeous are these berries?
And of course the most important ingredient in Ambrosia Salad is marshmallows. Can’t do it without them!
I mean, seriously. Just stick a spoon on in and enjoy this Berry Ambrosia salad like it’s 1984.
Or get a little fancy with a sprig of mint. Whatever the occasion.
I know you will love this Ambrosia Salad recipe. It’s so easy and always a crowd pleaser!Print
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream on high speed for 1 minute, or until thickened and stiff peaks form. Transfer the whipped cream into a smaller bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, no need to wash it, fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed until creamy and combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Fold the whipped cream and coconut into the cream cheese mixture until incorporated.
- Stir in all the berries and the marshmallow and coat with the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately or store airtight in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 22.9 g
- Sodium: 132.9 mg
- Fat: 23.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.9 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 62.4 mg
Keywords: Ambrosia Salad, Ambrosia Recipe, Cream Cheese, Whipped Cream, Marshmallows, Coconut