This is my most favorite Rice Krispie Treat Recipe. It’s the perfect rice krispie treat recipe, because it’s the perfect amount of marshmallow! Totally simple, gooey and buttery perfection! The only krispie treat recipe you’ll ever need!
So this might seem like a gimme. A no brainer. A “why is she even wasting my time right now?” Well, I might agree with you if I didn’t know better…
Here’s the thing. I am a krispie treat junkie. I’ve never met a marshmallow cereal treat I didn’t like. That’s a fact.
One of my most FAVORITE krispie treats are these Toasted Marshmallow Krispie Treats that I made last year. Talk about DELISH!
Here’s the thing, though…most folks just make ’em plain. (gasp!)
Maybe they’ll throw a Fruity Pebble into the mix every now and then (DO IT). Maybe they’ll even get crazy and throw in some Brownie Batter (maj). But really a really great “basic” krispie treat is where. it’s. at. And by basic I mean perfect, standalone krispie treats. The one that you don’t want to mess with. The one that stands on it’s own two feet and says, “I AM SPARTACUS”. You know what I mean.
So yeah. No browning butter necessary today. No sea salt or dulce de leche. Just krispie cereal, marshmallows and butter in the perfect portions.
Everyone has had that “too hard” krispie treat.
You know they one that scratches the roof of your mouth and leaves you with a scraped palate for 2 days?
And most likely you’ve had a too-soft krispie treat where there is too much butter or too many marshmallows making my poor krispie friends soggy and sad.
Let’s end all that nonsense, k?
Just get your stuff ready…
It’s really all about the marshmallows.
Melt ’em. Mix in the krispies. And then add in more marshmallows.
And press them into the pan…
Press evenly but don’t kill ’em.. the more you mash ’em down, the more solid they’ll be. Which brings us back to upper-mouth-roof injuries.
And just let them cool for a few minutes and you’ll have this work of art…
Like I said: perfect.
If you need more krispies to get your fix HERE is a link to all the krispie treats I make!
makes 16 squares
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Krispie Cereal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large post over low heat melt butter. Once butter in melted add in 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in your cereal and salt until just coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Best if served same day.