Some days I have trouble getting my act together…like a real adult person.
But when I start doing adult-type stuff I get side tracked…by stuff like candy and Real World reruns.
I am now 36, which I guess makes me a real-life adult ~ which is good because I can eat cake for dinner and go to bed whenever I want…
BUT it stinks because you are expected to do responsible-ish stuff, like laundry and pay bills.
I see other moms who seem way more adult than I am…
They talk about their home owners insurance and medical savings plans. They save for vacations and sign their kids up for violin.
Grown-ass mommy stuff.
I wonder when it’s gonna hit me. Because I don’t feel like a grown up. I feel a little like an adult imposter.
When discussions of home improvement projects and grocery coupons arise I nod and throw in the occasional “oh yes, I agree” to make it look like I get it.
That I am part of the adult club.
Case in point, my obsession with Rice Krispie Treats. I could eat them all day every day. I love them.
I even have a whole category on my site for them.
They aren’t necessarily an adult dessert. Every time someone asks me to bring a dessert for a party, I will offer up the krispie treat…which I always follow with, “the kids will love them”. Translate that in to, “I will bring krispie treats because I love them and don’t want to share with the children”.
So I have now come up with another version. They’re easy. And delicious. AND you don’t have to shop in the produce section of the supermarket to make them, which is a very adult place to shop…you get to go down the candy and cereal aisle. Best idea ever!
Butterfinger Krispie Treats.
But chop up 8 fun sized Butterfinger bars….
Press into your prepared pan.Print
- 3 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 (10 oz bag) mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 Fun Sized Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Lightly spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan melt your butter over medium-low heat.
- Add in your marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour in your cereals and salt and stir until almost combined.
- Pour in your chopped Butterfinger bars.
- Stir until distributed evenly and press into your prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine your chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between each until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle on top of your krispies.
- Let the chocolate set and cut into squares.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Now, I want to share with you guys some fun news for me ~ I was contacted by the great people over at Frigidaire and I am going to be participating in a Frigidaire Test Drive Program. What that means is they are going to give a brand new Frigidaire Gallery® Range with Symmetry™ Double Oven to try.
I am hugely excited about the arrival of my new oven…here are some of the specs:
- Symmetry Double Ovens – Two large ovens, each big enough to cook a 28-pound turkey, provide the flexibility to cook multiple dishes at the same time at different temperatures.
- Fits-More™ Cooktop – With five elements including two SpaceWise® Expandable elements and a Warming Zone so you can cook more at once.
- Precision Set™ Controls – Adjust heat levels more precisely, providing exceptional temperature control.
- Quick Preheat – Preheat in just four minutes.
I have always wanted a double oven and with the amount of baking that I do I know it will get a workout! I can’t wait to share some of my adventures with you, messes and successes! Thanks Frigidaire!