Caramel Apple Trifle is layers of cider donuts, caramel sauce, apples, and pudding! A total fall dream dessert topped with whipped cream!
So today is Tuesday. I kinda think it’s the most boring day of the week. It’s not universally hated, like Monday. There is no way that the Bangles would have had a hit record with “Just another Tragic Tuesday”.
Tuesday doesn’t have the honor of being called “Hump Day”…which, now that we’re on the subject, is hugely inappropriate. Who even says that besides radio DJs and awkward grocery store cashiers who are trying to create a dialogue as they scan your Golden Grahams?
Next is Thursday. Everyone loves Thursday because, well, it’s almost Friday. And then there’s Friday, who even got it’s own restaurant.
Yeah, Tuesday is the sophomore year of the days of the week. Completely forgettable. So I am going to deem today “Trifle Tuesday”. Sure, they’re retro and grandma-ish, but the possibilities are endless.
So come on now and get your trifle on like it’s 1985…Trifle Tuesday ~ it’s happening.
This Caramel Apple Trifle is easy. It’s basically layering anything yummy you want all in one dish and calling it a dessert.
Here’s what I used:
I started with Apple Cider Donuts…
There’s no exactness to this. Relax people…you don’t have to measure. Embrace it.
- 1 baked cake (apple, white, pound)
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- Apple Cider donuts (approx 4-6 depending on size)
- prepared vanilla pudding or custard
- coarsely chopped oatmeal cookies
- whipped topping
- In a trifle pan layer all your ingredients starting with the donuts, pudding, cookies, caramel, cake, apple pie filling, pudding, cookies…
- continue layering until the trifle dish is full finishing with whipped topping and a drizzle of caramel.