These Crispy Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect combination. Crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle. I always thought a thick cookie was the way to go, but I am now officially a believer in the crispy-chewy!
Oatmeal Cookies are such an old fashioned, but totally on-brand cookie! While I have lot of versions of oatmeal cookies here on my website, these are one of those most popular! If you are craving a softer, thicker cookie, try out my Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, or my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, but if you want a chewy oatmeal cookie, stay with me, because these are the BEST!
The thing about these cookies is while they are on the thin side, the edges are crispy and caramelly…but the inside is chewy and buttery. And while they might not look like much, I can tell you they are sneaky…deliciously sneaky!
How To Make These Crispy Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- I used old fashioned oats in these. You could use quick oats too, but I prefer the texture of a whole oat, it adds to the chewiness!
- Yes, there is coconut in these cookies, but really the flavor is super subtle you won’t really know it’s there. It just adds to the chewy texture. SO I dare you to try it even if you’re not a coconut fan!
- I really like making these cookies large size! So I recommend pulling out your large cookie scoop for these.
- I also added mini white chocolate chips, which I have used again and again lately. But you can use regular white chips..or leave them out. Up to you!
Of course, vary the baking time based on the size of your cookie, but allow the edges to get nice and golden brown!
You guys NEED to try these! They’re sturdy enough to pack up in lunch boxes or have as an after dinner treat.
And if you’re looking for more Oatmeal Cookie Recipes, check these out!
- The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Malted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salty Ritz Cracker Oatmeal Cookies
makes 2 dozen large cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (I used mini)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add salt, baking soda and flour and mix until incorporated. Then add in coconut.
- Finally mix in oats and white chocolate until evenly combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon drop dough onto lined pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are golden brown and centers have set.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
store airtight for up to 3 days