Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy, and thick oatmeal cookie recipe that is a buttery and delicious and stays soft for days!
Make sure to check out my Oatmeal Raisin Cookies too! They’re the BEST!
Easy cookie recipes like Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, and Peanut Butter Cookies are on regular rotation in my house and certainly are the most popular cookies on my site. We all love a classic cookie, especially one that stays soft and fresh for days.
I love Oatmeal Cookies so much! I have many recipes here on my site, but I realized I had never posted a classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip! My Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are famous in my family, because they are simply the BEST and I thought that chocolate needed a time to shine too!
- This is an easy cookie recipe that requires no chill time!
- And of course they are adaptable as well…meaning you can use any flavor chip you like, for example white chips, butterscotch, or a combo! And certainly you could use raisins in place of the chocolate chips as well!
- I use Quick Oats in this oatmeal cookie recipe. I love the quick oats because it makes the texture more uniform. You can absolutely use rolled (old fashioned) oats if you prefer, they will just have a slightly different texture.
- I love using coarse sea salt in my cookie recipes, and this is no exception. The salty little bits just add an extra something that sets them apart!
Yes, absolutely! You can freeze the baked cookies OR freeze the dough before you bake them.
- To freeze baked cookies, store them in an airtight container, or zip-top bag for up to a month! Let them thaw at room temperature and enjoy!
- OR to get that fresh baked taste back, after they are thawed, pop them into a 350°F oven for 2-3 minutes and enjoy warm cookies!
- To freeze the unbaked dough, portion out the dough in scoops and place them on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for an hour or so, or until they are frozen. Transfer the cookie dough scoops into a zip-top bag and place in the fridge!
- To bake frozen dough, you don’t have to thaw it, just bake the dough frozen and add a few minutes to the bake time!
- Crispy Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- Malted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Autumn Spice Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, soft and EASY!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar together about 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, and mix until just incorporated. Add in the oats, and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden around edges, but still soft in center. Do not over-bake!!
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 106 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.1 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 23.9 mg
Keywords: cookies, cookies and cups, oatmeal cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip, cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookie
Want To Save This Recipe?