Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are thick, soft and EASY!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar together about 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, and mix until just incorporated. Add in the oats, and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough and place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden around edges, but still soft in center. Do not over-bake!!
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Keywords:: cookies, cookies and cups, oatmeal cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip, cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookie