These Crispy, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect combination – crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle. I always thought a thick cookie was the way to go, but I’m now officially a lover of the crispy-chewy!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (I used mini)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add salt, baking soda and flour and mix until incorporated. Then add in coconut.
- Finally mix in oats and white chocolate until evenly combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon drop dough onto lined pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are golden brown and centers have set.
- Allow to cool on wire rack.
store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords:: oatmeal cookies recipe, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies recipe, easy oatmeal cookies recipe, easy oatmeal cookies, best oatmeal cookies, chewy oatmeal cookies