These Crispy, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect combination – crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle. I always thought a thick cookie was the way to go, but I’m now officially a lover of the crispy-chewy!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- optional – 1 cup chocolate chips *see note
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and continue mixing for 1 minute until light and fluffy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour and coconut and mix until just incorporated.
- Finally mix in oats and chips until evenly combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop (*see note) portion the dough onto a baking sheet, spacing them 3- inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are deep golden brown and centers have set. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*You can use chocolate or white chocolate chips in this recipe. Mini chips work great as well. Also note you can add raisins or walnuts if you’d like. OR completely leave out the chips for a classic oatmeal cookie.
*I use a large (3- tablespoon) scoop for these, producing large cookies. You can absolutely use a smaller scoop. Reduce bake time to 10 – 13 minutes for smaller cookies.
Store airtight for up to 3 days or freeze airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 19.2 g
- Sodium: 165.2 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 37.3 mg
Keywords: oatmeal cookies recipe, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies recipe, easy oatmeal cookies recipe, easy oatmeal cookies, best oatmeal cookies, chewy oatmeal cookies