Snickerdoodle Rice Krispie Treats are made with browned butter, extra marshmallows and cinnamon sugar with extra delicious addition of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt!
Just when I thought there might not be anything more delicious than my Perfect Krispie Treat Recipe, these Snickerdoodle Treats come on up in my life. They basically sat down on my couch, curled up with my favorite blanket and stole my remote.
In other words, they have made themselves fully comfortable in my personal biz.
Which I guess, fine… it’s mostly my fault. I mean I AM the one that keeps inviting them into my life, but friends, make them and you will understand.
They are BY FAR the favorite RKT in my little world right now. I’ve made them so many times since I developed the recipe a few weeks ago. I seriously just can’t stop. If you have all the ingredients to make regular krispie treats, you can make these…assuming you have ground cinnamon in your spice drawer.
AND yes, of course I am already thinking ahead and planning on swapping out the cinnamon for Pumpkin Spice. Because duh.
Anyhow. Make these as soon as you can. You will love me forever. And ever ever ever.
Of course I have included my signature extra marshmallow method. Also, I have always a wanted a signature. Turns out marshmallows are the hand I was dealt.
Just like a regular RKT you melt the butter and add the marshmallows.
In this case, melt the butter and keep going for a few minutes, browning the butter and adding extra love and flavor. Then add in some mini marshmallows, cinnamon, vanilla and a pinch of salt…
Stir and melt, stir and melt, stir and melt…
Add in your cereal, and extra marshmallows.
Then press it all into a 9×9…
THEN mix up some quick cinnamon sugar and sprinkle that all over the top. It’s really the best idea ever.
I mean all the gorgeous. Can you even?
The sugar on top is a little crunchy, the extra marshmallows add more gooey and the browned butter and cinnamon makes the whole situation cozy and delicious.
These will be on permanent rotation in your house this fall, I guarantee it.
I am so excited about this recipe..I can’t wait to hear what you think!Print
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Line a 9×9 pan with aluminum foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat melt butter. Once it’s melted continue to cook the butter until it boils and begins to brown, stirring constantly. Once the butter is an amber color add 8 cups of the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Immediately stir in the cereal until coated evenly in the marshmallow mixture.
- Stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press evenly. Sprinkle with topping.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle onto the krispie treats evenly.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.