These Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats are an easy crispy treat recipe that is perfectly festive for Halloween and fall. The colorful candy corn make this the best rice krispie treat recipe!
Whether you love or hate candy corn, I urge you to make this festive rice krispie treat recipe! Candy Corn are one of those candies that folks have pretty strong opinions on. I will tell you, while I don’t seek out candy corn, I am certainly not opposed to a handful every now and then. I am not sugar exclusive.
Adding Candy Corn to Your Easy Rice Krispie Treats recipe makes them extra fun!
I actually made this recipe many, MANY years ago. I even posted about them here on my blog, but the post/the pictures/the recipe title were all too cringy to keep around in 2018. So I decided to give the rice krispie treats recipe a little facelift and give them a chance to be photographed again in good lighting. It was really the fair thing to do. Good lighting is pretty clutch.
So here we are in 2018, with an old recipe, that’s suddenly fresh and new again. Plus, I used my perfect Rice Krispie Treat Recipe as the base for these, so we already know they’re going to be good.
The internet is a fantastic place.
Do you love or hate candy corn?
Ok, don’t answer that. Stay with me here. To enjoy this Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treat recipe, it doesn’t matter if you love or hate candy corn. The beauty of adding candy corn to your rice crispy treat recipe is that you can’t really taste them. I mean you kinda can, but not really. They just add a little extra sweetness that I promise you makes the krispy treats even better. It’s true!
AND whether you like candy corn or not, it’s NOT debatable that they are pretty cute. I mean.
You just coarsely chop them up before you add them to your extra gooey krispie treats!
They are just so festive and cute I can’t take it!
These Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats will be devoured at your Halloween party, 100% guaranteed!Print
Sweet, gooey, krispie treats made festive with candy corn!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 10 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 1/4 cup coarsely chopped candy corn, divided
- Line a 9×9 pan with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Once butter is melted, add in 8 cups of marshmallow and stir frequently until melted. Stir in vanilla extract and immediately remove from heat.
- Add the cereal, 2 cups of remaining marshmallows and 1 cup of the chopped candy corn into the marshmallow mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pan and press in evenly. Press remaining candy corn pieces into the top to garnish.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days, but I always prefer krispie treats the same day they were made!
Keywords: krispy treat, crispy treat, marshmallows, candy corn, rice krispie treat