MIYM Chicken is a family favorite! It’s my version of the classic Melt in Your Mouth Chicken recipe that your mom probably used to make! Simple, flavorful, and so tender…this is a great weeknight dinner recipe.
You can never have too many quick and easy chicken dinner recipes!
We eat more chicken in our house than any other meat for sure, like my Balsamic Chicken, my Cheesy Artichoke Chicken, my Crescent Chicken…the list goes on and on. And real talk, chicken nuggets are basically the perfect food…soooo…
This MIYM Chicken recipe is one of those classic, easy chicken recipes that I am sure you’ve had at some point in your life. My mom used to make it with mayonnaise and while that was fine, I always thought she may have used a little too much. There is a fine line with mayo in my opinion…a little = good…too much = gross.
Anyhow, to sideline that whole debate, I use sour cream in my recipe, which makes everyone happy.
Plus, there’s cheese involved in this one, and everyone knows with cheese…too much = perfect.
The prep time on this Melt In Your Mouth Chicken Recipe is literally minutes. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner, because everyone will love it, and it’s done in 30 minutes. And since Melt In Your Mouth Chicken is a mouthful, I’ve shortened it to MIYM Chicken, which is equally a mouthful 🙂
I love serving this with my Homemade Egg Noodles when I have the time to make them. SO good!
How to make MIYM Chicken
Just place your chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish…
And mix up some sour cream, seasonings, and cheese. You can get creative here and add some different spices, or even kick up the heat and add cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes! I love chicken recipes like this that are so easily adaptable!
Spread that on top and you probably want to add more cheese.
Bake it for 25-ish minutes, and then pop it under the broiler to brown up the cheese on top.
Easy Chicken Recipes are a staple in my recipe box and this one is a keeper!
I am always looking for great, easy chicken breast recipe and this MIYM Chicken will be favorite in your house, I guarantee it!Print
A retro/nostalgic & easy MIYM (Melt In Your Mouth) chicken recipe that is in constant rotation in my house!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Place the chicken breasts evenly into the pan. Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the pan under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: chicken breast recipe, chicken dinner recipe, MIYM chicken, MIYM recipe, melt in your mouth chicken