This Easy Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe is my favorite Caramel Corn Recipe! It’s so easy and adding that extra salt gives it the perfect salty/sweet combo!
Today my babies went back to school. And I cried.
Which is ridiculous because they are now in 3rd and 5th grade. And also because I have been dreaming of the first day back to school for like 6 weeks. I couldn’t help it, as much as I tried. They’ve currently been gone for about 1 hour and 9 minutes and I miss them. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEEEEEE???
I should be having a “Quiet House Party” or something.
Anyhow, it never gets easier, folks. At least for me. So I must distract myself from all the silence with Kardashian reruns and Caramel Corn.
Salted Caramel Corn, actually. It’s my new favorite food group.
This recipe is so super simple, you guys. I have always been a little scared of making caramel corn. I know, I’m a weirdo. But let me just say, this recipe is so easy.
Just grab some popcorn…I like to use my air-popper to make it, because I can control the amount of salt. But if you don’t have an air-popper, you can use a plain microwave kind, or even pop some on your stove top!
I popped 1/2 cup kernels, which yields about 16 cups of popped corn.
Next make your easy caramel sauce. Just butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt…
And bring that to a boil and let it go for 4 minutes. No stirring and no candy thermometer required!
Then pour that over top of the popcorn and stir it until it’s all coated…
Next dump all the popcorn into a lined baking pan…
And sprinkle with some more salt…
Bake it for 30 minutes and every 10 minutes or so give it a stir.
Spread it out onto a lined counter to cool and break it into pieces.
Honestly, you’re not going to be able to stop eating this.
I’m a little bit of a popcorn addict around here. Check out some of my favorites:
Makes about 16 cups of caramel corn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels (about 16 cups popped corn)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp kosher or sea salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Pop popcorn kernels using air popper into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1 tsp salt together over medium heat. Bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and let it cool for 2 minutes. It needs to stop boiling before you pour it on the popcorn.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour popcorn into lined pan, sprinkle remaining salt on top (1/2 tsp – 1 tsp depending on your personal taste preference) and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow popcorn to cool on a parchment lined counter.
You can add in 2 cups of nuts to the un-coated popcorn if desired! Coat with caramel as states!