Caramel Apple Popcorn is where it’s AT this fall! Salty/sweet/apple perfection in every bite. This popcorn is a spin off of my Salted Caramel Popcorn that is the most perfect caramel corn recipe you’ll ever make. It’s totally foolproof, and this version turns caramel corn into a perfect fall treat!
This Caramel Apple Popcorn recipe is a favorite of mine this time of year! I posted this 5 years ago, but since then I decided the photos needed a little updating along with the recipe. While the original recipe was amazing, Over the years I have PERFECTED caramel corn and I wanted to make this recipe as perfect as possible with the tricks I’ve learned. I know you will love it! It’s the perfect combo of salty/sweet…and the addition of Apple Chips and cinnamon gives it a fab fall facelift!
Start with 1 cup of unpopped kernels. Or if you want to use microwave popcorn, pop about 3 bags.
Make sure you pick out any unpopped kernels. I’m trying to give you cavities here, not break your teeth.
I grabbed some apple chips at the supermarket…I used 3 (2.5 oz) bags.
Mix it up good…
It bakes up in just 30 minutes and cool fairly quickly. You’ll be eating your new fall snack in no time!
I make batches of this to take to soccer games as a sideline snack to share with other parents! You’ll have lots of friends in no time! Or I mean, you totally don’t have to share 🙂Print
makes about 14 cups caramel corn
- 1 cup unpopped corn kernels
- 3 (2.5 oz) bags of apple chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a 15×18- inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Pop the popcorn kernels using an air popper into a large bowl. Mix in the apple chips evenly. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat and allow it to boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Drizzle the caramel mixture onto the popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour the coated popcorn into the prepared pan, sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and place the pan in the oven. Bake the popcorn for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Spread parchment paper onto your counter and, when the popcorn is done baking, pour it onto the prepared counter. Allow it to cool completely.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with more salt if desired.
Store in an airtight container for about a week.