Cheesy Pizza Breadsticks are easy to make, delicious and a perfect for a snack, appetizer, or even an on the go meal!
This post is sponsored on behalf of Fleischmann’s® Yeast to create this recipe. I only partner with brands that I use in my kitchen. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
I am officially busy. This time of year is my most favorite, but it’s also the most hectic. Between all of the kids’ activities, carpools, sports, homework etc., it’s also my busiest time of year here on this website! Fall is officially the month we all head back to the kitchen. Like I said, it’s my favorite time!
Of course, though, as much as we all like to be in the kitchen, dinner can sometimes be a bit of a chore. We all need to eat, but getting everyone to the table at the same time (at least for my family) is a struggle on most nights, with everyone running in different directions.
WHICH brings me to today’s recipe that I love so much. These Cheesy Pizza Breadsticks are actually a spin on my favorite pizza recipe, 30 Minute Stuffed Crust Pizza Crust from my friends at Fleischmann’s® Yeast. I used the same pizza dough, and simply transformed a pizza into breadsticks. I love that the pizza dough is so versatile! Ans plus, stuffing the crust with cheese makes the whole situation that much more delicious. I am sure you’ve all ordered stuffed crust pizza before, but when you can Bake it Yourself, it just makes pizza night a little more cozy.
The great thing about this recipe is you use Rapid Rise® Yeast, which is why it’s ready in less time than if you called out for pizza delivery. Baking your own pizza crust kinda makes you feel like a rock star. Baking with yeast is easier than you’d expect – all it takes is a few ingredients and no kneading is necessary! There is absolutely no reason to be intimidated by yeast baking, and pizza dough is a great place to start. The Rapid Rise® Yeast makes the process quick and easy!
The dough mixes up quick, and rises in only 10 minutes.
Then instead of rolling the crust into a circle, you roll it into a rectangle, so you can make breadsticks!
Cut each strip of dough into 6 inch pieces, and layer a few pieces of pepperoni and a piece of string cheese, cut in half lengthwise.
Form the dough around the pepperoni and cheese and pinch closed. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
They will bake up in just a few minutes!
And OH that ooey gooey cheese!!
You can eat these on the go, dip in marinara sauce, or serve as a game day appetizer! Everyone will love these Cheesy Pizza Breadsticks!
You can even stuff them with whatever pizza topping is your favorite, if pepperoni isn’t your thing!Print
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 40-50 slices pepperoni
- 5 sticks (1 ounce) string cheese, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- optional – pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup of flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. The dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes, or alternately mix using a dough hook in your stand mixer on medium-low for 3-4 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Pat the dough with floured hands, or roll using a rolling pin into a rectangular shape, approximately 10×12-inches.
- Cut the dough using a knife or pizza cutter into 2×6-inch strips. Place pepperoni slices on each dough strip and top with half of string cheese. Pinch the dough around the cheese, sealing. Place, seam down on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce to dip, if desired.
And here’s a quick video showing you just how easy the crust is…