This simple Pumpkin Pie Spice Caramel Corn is crazy addictive….crunchy, sweet and seasoned with the perfect amount of Pumpkin Pie Spice and salt. Let the fall snacking begin!
I know I know, it’s early. It’s barely just September and I’m rolling out the pumpkin. BUT Starbucks has their PSL available, so I am assuming you guys are all in it to win it with pumpkin this year. I held out long enough.
AND I really wanted to give this recipe to you early in the season because it will give you maximum snacking opportunity. Because friends, this popcorn is LEGIT.
It’s so over the top delicious that you will give yourself a stomachache and a cavity and be happy about it. It’s so good that you’ll make it again after eating the entire batch yourself and swearing that you will never eat again.
I’m telling you make it, make it again and then make it again to share with your friends.
Even the people who don’t “like pumpkin pie spice” will be eating this by the handful. Trust me, I witnessed it first-hand.
The recipe is really simple and based on my recipe for Salted Caramel Corn, which is probably the most popular recipe on my entire website. Yes it’s that good.
Just simply air-pop a half cup of kernels. If you don’t have an air popper, you should get one… they’re cheap, they’re useful and just say no to microwave popcorn.
Then boil together some butter, light corn syrup and brown sugar.
I add some salt too, because salty/sweet is my ride or die.
And this stuff. Pumpkin Pie Spice…
I added this and some vanilla when the caramel was done. I used 3 teaspoons of PPS which I think is the perfect amount…
Pour the caramel sauce on top of the popcorn evenly and stir it so the caramel coats all the corn…
Then pour this into a lined, rimmed baking sheet. A LARGE one. If you don’t have a large one, use 2 medium.
You want the caramel corn to bake evenly, so that all the pieces get crunchy, so don’t overcrowd the pan.
This is how mine looked before going in the oven in my 12×18 pan.
Bake it for 30 minutes, but stir it every 10 minutes. That’s an important step not to miss.
And then line a counter with parchment paper and pour the warm popcorn out and let it cool. It will get nice and crunchy!
Then just try and keep your fingers out of it.
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn kernels (about 16 cups popped corn)
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tsp kosher or sea salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set this aside.
- Pop popcorn kernels using air popper into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and 1 tsp salt together over medium heat. Bring to boil. Boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour the popcorn into the lined pan, sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon salt on top and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow the popcorn to cool on a parchment lined counter.