I love today’s post.
Not that I don’t love every post I do… I mean…
It’s just today’s post involves peanut butter cups and Our Best Bites.
I met Kate last year at an event we both went to for Smucker’s…
I totally adore her.
Well, she and her partner Sara have just released their second book…Savoring the Seasons…
I was lucky enough to get a copy and have had a few weeks to play with some of the recipes.
The book is so great, filled with lots of pictures, great (everyday AND special occasion) recipes and it’s all categorized by season! They’ve included great tips throughout and did I mention all the pictures? Love a cookbook with gorgeous photos!
When I was flipping through the pages I completely zoned in on one recipe.
Which fits me like a Spanx.
Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn. Duh.
I am pretty sure that a recipe couldn’t better fit me if I’d written it myself!
And it’s easy…
Let’s do it.
Get some honey roasted peanuts…
Mix that with some popcorn (their recipe calls for plain, but I used lightly buttered) and also some peanut butter cups.
If you can’t find the itty bitty ones, just chop up some Minis…I also kinda-sorta-doubled the amount of pb cups in there. I need rehab.
Next just melt some peanut butter chips. I always use the double boiler to melt my chocolate and candy pieces, because I am microwave-impaired. I will burn it every time. But if you have mastered the art of the nuke, by all means…
Pour the melted peanut butter chips all over the popcorn, peanut and pb cup mixture.
You want every piece coated. No nekkid pieces.
Then spread it out on some waxed paper…
And give it a little pizzazz…
Doesn’t it make you want to weep?
makes about 20 cups popcorn
- 2 bags microwaved popcorn (I used lightly buttered)
- 2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 4 cups Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil or shortening
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pop popcorn according to package directions, picking out any unpopped kernels. Place into a large bowl with peanuts and peanut butter cups.
- In a double boiler, melt peanut butter chips and vegetable oil or shortening. (You could also melt the chips in the microwave, heating for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth).
- Pour the melted chips over the popcorn mixture and stir to completely coat.
- Spread the popcorn onto a waxed paper lined counter.
- In a heavy-duty zip-top bag heavy heat your semisweet chips, about 1 minute 30 seconds, mashing bag every 30 seconds. Cut a small slit in the corner of the bag and drizzle over popcorn.
- Let popcorn sit until the chocolate is set.
Popcorn is best if eaten the same day, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Recipe lightly adapted from Savoring the Seasons, Our Best Bites
Want To Save This Recipe?
So now here’s the fun part!
You want it, trust me!
All you have to do to enter is leave me a comment here telling me what your favorite season is!
For one additional entry you can hop over to Pinterest and follow me over there. Just pop back here and leave a comment letting me know did!
The giveaway will be open until Wednesday, September 19th at 11:59 PM EST