makes about 20 cups popcorn
- 2 bags microwaved popcorn (I used lightly buttered)
- 2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 4 cups Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil or shortening
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pop popcorn according to package directions, picking out any unpopped kernels. Place into a large bowl with peanuts and peanut butter cups.
- In a double boiler, melt peanut butter chips and vegetable oil or shortening. (You could also melt the chips in the microwave, heating for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth).
- Pour the melted chips over the popcorn mixture and stir to completely coat.
- Spread the popcorn onto a waxed paper lined counter.
- In a heavy-duty zip-top bag heavy heat your semisweet chips, about 1 minute 30 seconds, mashing bag every 30 seconds. Cut a small slit in the corner of the bag and drizzle over popcorn.
- Let popcorn sit until the chocolate is set.
Popcorn is best if eaten the same day, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Recipe lightly adapted from Savoring the Seasons, Our Best Bites