This easy Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken recipe is a simple one-pot dinner idea that’s packed with flavor and done in 30 minutes!
Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken Is An Easy Chicken Recipe Done in 30 Minutes!
It’s no secret I love a skillet meal. One pot dinners are the best on weeknights…and heck, any night. This Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken is a family favorite in my house. And any excuse to pull out my cast iron skillet is a win for me. Even my kids, who swear they don’t like vinegar are fans..but full disclosure, they do pick out the mushrooms. Which is actually fine by me…I gladly take their share.
Honestly this is one of my favorite chicken recipes…there is TONS of flavor and it works perfectly with rice, mashed potatoes, pasta or even stuffing. Or really, forget the carbs and serve it with a salad. It works.
The easy chicken recipe will be done in under 30 minutes, and I cheated and bought thin sliced chicken breasts which made it even faster.
Simple Ingredients Equal an Easy Chicken Recipe!
Everything in this skillet meal is easy. No fancy ingredients necessary! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to season chicken
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Chicken broth
- Bay leaf
- Dried thyme
Also, yes, as you will see later in the recipe card I used EIGHT cloves or garlic in this recipe. Yes, you’ll be a little stinky, but it’s oh so worth it. If you’re scared of driving in the danger zone feel free to tone down the garlic, I won’t be too mad.
How to Make Skillet Balsamic Chicken
There are only a few steps you need to follow in order to have this easy chicken dinner on the table in 30 minutes. Here’s what you do:
1. Season the chicken. Just season the chicken with salt and pepper…
2. Heat the oil and cook the chicken breasts. Just brown the chicken in your big skillet and then add the mushrooms and garlic. Push the mushrooms under the chicken a bit so the chicken sits on top.
3. Add the vinegar and spices. Add the balsamic vinegar, the chicken stock, the thyme and the Bay Leaf and let it cook for a few minutes covered and then a few minutes uncovered.
4. Add in butter. I always throw in a few pats of butter at the end to make the sauce silkay silkay.
5. Serve! Garnish it with parsley if you’re feeling fancy.
I hope you love this skillet chicken recipe as much as I do!!
What Goes with this Chicken Recipe?
This is one of those recipes that goes with so many things. Cheesy mashed potatoes? Check. Broccoli cheese casserole? Definitely! Loaded baked potato salad? Go for it. Pretty much any of your favorite side dishes will go with this skillet chicken.
Looking For More Easy Dinner Ideas? Try These:Print
This easy Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken is a simple one pot dish that is packed with flavor and done in 30 minutes!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced or pounded 1/2 inch thick
- salt and pepper to season chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
1. Season. Season the raw chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Cook the chicken breasts. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large 10-inch skillet over medium high heat. When skillet and oil are hot, place the chicken in the skillet evenly. Cook the chicken on one side for 5 minutes until browned, flip the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Add the flavorings. Add the garlic and the mushrooms into the pan and stir to combine. Work the mushrooms under the chicken, so the chicken is sitting on top of the mushrooms. Cook this for 5 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add in the vinegar, broth, Bay leaf and thyme.
4. Cook and add butter. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Then uncover the skillet and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes to thicken the sauce slightly. Lastly add in the butter and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Serve! This easy chicken dinner recipe is delicious over rice, pasta or potatoes.
Keywords:: chicken recipe, easy chicken dinner idea, quick chicken dinner, skillet chicken, chicken and mushrooms
Want To Save This Recipe?