This easy Skillet Balsamic Garlic Chicken is a simple one pot dish that is packed with flavor and done in 30 minutes!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced or pounded 1/2 inch thick
- salt and pepper to season chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Season the raw chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large 10-inch skillet over medium high heat.
- When skillet and oil are hot, place the chicken in the skillet evenly. Cook the chicken on one side for 5 minutes until browned, flip the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the garlic and the mushrooms into the pan and stir to combine. Work the mushrooms under the chicken, so the chicken is sitting on top of the mushrooms.
- Cook this for 5 minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. Add in the vinegar, broth, Bay leaf and thyme.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then uncover the skillet and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes to thicken the sauce slightly.
- Lastly add in the butter and cook for 2 more minutes.
- This easy chicken dinner recipe is delicious over rice, pasta or potatoes.
Keywords: chicken recipe, easy chicken dinner idea, quick chicken dinner, skillet chicken, chicken and mushrooms