This Easy Tuscan Chicken Recipe is a creamy, one-pan skillet recipe made in under 30 minutes and loaded with flavor. It’s a naturally low carb chicken recipe or serve it with pasta to feed the family!
This Easy Tuscan Chicken Recipe Is An Easy Dinner Idea!
I know the nightly decision about what to make for dinner is a universal problem. So I feel like you can never have too many easy chicken recipes. ESPECIALLY chicken recipes made in under 30 minutes, packed with flavor, and made in ONE PAN for easy clean up! Plus, when dinner is naturally low-carb, with minimal ingredients and effort necessary I’m totally sold.
You know I already have some really great easy chicken recipes here on my site, like my famous Crack Chicken and my super popular MIYM Chicken to name just a few. Chicken breasts, specifically, are just such an easy, quick dinner option that are super adaptable. AND one of my favorite easy appetizers (that can also be a meal) is my Tuscan Sausage Dip, so I decided to combine chicken with the “Tuscan” flavor profile and came up with this EASY Tuscan Chicken Recipe!
Tuscan Chicken is Done From Start To Finish in 30 Minutes!
This easy chicken recipe is quick and doesn’t require fussy ingredients. It’s simple enough for a weeknight dinner, but impressive enough to serve to guests! A short cut I use in this recipe is starting with a pre-made Alfredo sauce. It’s a creamy base that is easy to add flavor to.
- Boneless chicken breasts: I buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts in bulk when they’re on sale. I trim any excess fat and slice them into (approximately) 6- ounce cutlets. If your chicken breasts are very thin they will cook a little faster than the recipe suggests, and of course if they’re on the thick side they might need a few extra minutes to cook through. And yes, you could easily sub the breasts out for boneless chicken thighs.
- Alfredo Sauce: Like a said above, the base for the sauce is a pre-made Alfredo. I don’t have a preferred brand, as I have found they are all pretty good and very similar in taste.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: These are generally packed in oil. All you have to do is drain the oil, and dice them up to add to the sauce for a really nice addition of texture and flavor. Sun dried tomatoes are an easy way to pack a punch, as they are dried down, and the tomato flavor is intensified.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grate up some Parm and add it to the sauce to amp up the sauce. Don’t use the powdery pre-grated cheese, though. The fresh grated Parmesan Cheese melts much nicer into the sauce.
- Fresh Baby Spinach: You add fresh spinach at the very end of the cooking process, as it wilts very quickly. The spinach adds color, and texture to this Tuscan Chicken recipe, plus spinach is packed with nutrients!
- Italian Seasoning: This easy seasoning adds extra flavor to the sauce. It’s generally a mixture of basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme and is a great way to quickly add spice to an Italian-style dish.
This is an easy one! You can serve Tuscan Chicken on its own for a naturally low-carb dinner. It’s certainly not light on the calories or fat, but if you’re counting carbs this is a great dinner idea. Serve it with a green salad and you’ll be all set!
If you’re looking to feed a family and want to stretch this dish a little further, go ahead and serve it over pasta! This recipe has enough sauce that you can serve it with a pound of pasta and it will be perfect!
Side Dishes That Will Go Great With Tuscan ChickenPrint
This easy, creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe is a great weeknight dinner idea made in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (15- ounce) jar Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (7- ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 8– ounces fresh baby spinach
- In a large, 12- inch skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place the chicken in the hot skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, until browned.
- In a large bowl stir together the Alfredo sauce, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and cheese, mixing combined.
- When chicken is browned, turn the heat down to low and pour sauce on top of the chicken. Stir to coat, and cover the skillet and cook for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the spinach to the skillet, pressing down into the sauce as much as you can. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir to combine evenly and serve.
Serve this alone for a great low-carb meal, or over pasta.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: chicken, chicken recipe, cookies and cups, creamy chicken, chicken dinner, chicken breasts
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: