Cheesy Tuscan Sausage Dip is guaranteed to be your new party appetizer. So much flavor is packed into this easy, creamy dip…people will surely be asking for the recipe.
I am not going to have a lot of words here today, except MAKE.THIS. I generally try not to be so bossy…I mean, you do you…but in the case of this recipe, I urge you to do the right thing and make it. You will thank me.
One of the most common questions I get from friends about food is, “hey, do you have an appetizer idea?” And this recipe is purely and simply the last appetizer recipe I will ever need to give you. It’s THAT good.
Don’t you get bored of the standard appetizers people bring to parties? I’m not above Buffalo Chicken Dip, or Crock Pot meatballs, I’ll eat ’em. But this dip is one that you most likely haven’t had, and people will go crazy for it. If you’re looking to bring the most popular appetizer, this is it.
Cheesy Tuscan Sausage Dip is an easy party appetizer recipe!
There are so many simple flavors in this sausage dip recipe, and it’s TOTALLY easy. If you can brown meat in a skillet, you’re golden.
How to Make Tuscan Sausage Dip
The base for this is Hot Italian sausage. Even if “spicy” isn’t your thing, give it a try with the hot sausage. It really isn’t very spicy, and it adds a nice flavor punch. Plus, paired with the cream cheese, it all balances out perfectly.
Also, I can never find “bulk” spicy Italian sausage, so I buy the links and then just remove the casing from the links.
Saute up some onions, garlic, and the sausage. Then add in a can of drained Fire Roasted tomatoes. The Fire Roasted are the way to go here, because again, FLAVOR…but if you can’t find them or only have regular diced tomatoes, they will work. Oh and add in a little Italian seasoning for good measure. And wine. Praise.
Then a little spinach. This is basically health food.
Roughly chop up some baby spinach. Pack it tightly when you’re measuring it, because when it cooks it basically wilts to nothing!
Then grab some cream cheese. I cube mine so it melts quickly…
And add that right into the skillet…
Now, you could 100% stop here. I encourage you to dive in with a spoon.
But if you are looking to next-level this whole situation, stir in some Parmesan cheese and put it in a casserole dish. Oh, and then add some mozzarella. I mean I do call it CHEESY Tuscan Sausage Dip!
Bake it to perfection.
And then dig in.
You will be lucky if any of this Tuscan Sausage Dip actually makes it to your party.
I have been known to make a meal of this dip on my own, or serve it mixed with pasta and you have a hearty pasta dinner for your family!
Looking for more party appetizer recipes?Print
Spicy sausage, creamy cheese, Italian seasoning and spinach make this one of the best dips I have ever had!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground spicy Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic, about 5 cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 cups roughly chopped baby spinach, packed
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a pie plate or small casserole dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the chopped onions and cook until they are soft, 5-7 minutes. Add in the sausage and cook until no longer pink. Add in the garlic and Italian seasoning and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Drain excess fat, if necessary.
- Add the tomatoes and wine to the sausage mixture and cook until almost all of the liquid is evaporated. Mix in the spinach and cook for about 2 minutes, until it’s wilted.
- Turn heat down to low and add in the cream cheese. Stir until melted. Sprinkle in the Parmesan and mix until incorporated. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Transfer the sausage mixture to the prepared dish. Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbly. Turn the oven to broil and broil the cheese for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
serve with bread, crackers, or vegetables
Keywords: sausage, cookies and cups, appetizer, recipe, party appetizer