Hot Corn Dip is such a delicious and easy appetizer recipe to serve with chips, crackers, or veggies! The perfect game day party appetizer ever!
I am ALWAYS on the look out for appetizer recipes! We love having friends over for a drink or game night and the question I get most often is “What should I bring?” Well, friends this Hot Corn Dip is THE answer. It is always a hit, and so easy to make. Just be prepared to share the recipe, because everyone loves it!
Hot Corn Dip is always a favorite party appetizer recipe!
How to Make Hot Corn Dip
The great thing about this appetizer recipe is that it’s SO easy. The ingredients are simple, and can be adapted to what you have in your pantry now, or if you love a certain spice.
All you really need is:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
The rest of the ingredients can be switched up depending on what flavors you like! If you prefer cheddar cheese over Monterey Jack, no problem! Maybe sub out the Smoked Paprika for some Cumin. Add some jalapeños or cayenne if you like things spicy! There are lots of different options for this recipe to make it your own!
If you don’t have (or like) Ro-Tel, just use a drained can of diced tomatoes in its place. I am telling you, it’s almost impossible to mess up!
The one trick I always recommend is grating you own cheese.
Fresh grated cheese melts creamier than the pre-grated cheese….but of course, if you’re in a time pinch, go ahead and use the pre-grated!
Can you make this Hot Corn Dip in the Slow Cooker?
YES!! If you are taking this Hot Corn Dip to a party, you can ABSOLUTELY make this in a small slow cooker! Just place all the ingredients in your slow cooker, mix and turn onto low for about an hour-ish until everything is melted! This is an easy option to take to a party!
Looking for more party appetizer recipes? Try these:
This dip is so easy, and is ALWAYS a huge favorite at parties!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 (15- ounce) cans corn, drained (I like to use the sweet yellow and white corn mix)
- 1 (10- ounce) can Original Ro-Tel, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a small casserole dish (7″x10″) lightly with nonstick spray, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup of Monterey Jack, sour cream, corn, Ro-Tel, paprika, garlic powder, and salt stirring until no lumps of cream cheese remain.
- Spread the mixture in prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until mixture is warm and cheese is melted.
- Optional – place under broiler for approximately 30 seconds to brown cheese if desired.
- Serve warm with chips, crackers, or veggies.
Slow Cooker Method: Place all ingredients in a small slow cooker, and heat on low for 1 1/2 hours, or until all cheese is melted.
Keywords: dip, recipe, corn, cream cheese, slow cooker, party food, game day recipe