I tried out the viral TikTok cinnamon rolls recipe with heavy cream, and the results are to die for! These rich and fluffy cinnamon rolls taste totally homemade. They’re the ultimate ooey-gooey treat to make for breakfast or as an easy dessert.
If you haven’t already, you NEED to try these TikTok cinnamon rolls! As soon as they came onto my feed last summer, I knew I had to make them. I mean, after the success of this TikTok cinnamon roll dump cake, you didn’t have to ask me twice.
These buttery rolls turn out insanely moist and fluffy, soaked in cinnamon sugar and heavy cream. And the best part is that they taste just like they were made from scratch. Find the full recipe below with all the sweet, flaky, ooey-gooey details. Whether you’re looking for a sweet breakfast treat or an easy dessert, you’re going to want to make these.
Why You’ll Love This Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Of course, I’ll always have a special place in my heart for my favorite homemade cinnamon rolls. But this TikTok shortcut is seriously amazing. Here’s why it’s worth it:
- Easy to make. This semi-homemade recipe bakes up perfectly every time, with the helpful shortcut of canned cinnamon roll dough. Just add all the ingredients to a casserole dish and bake everything together.
- Homemade taste and feel. Enjoy full, golden cinnamon rolls smothered in buttery cinnamon sugar, with a fraction of the effort. The cinnamon rolls soak in the heavy cream, butter, and cinnamon you put in the pan, but still bake up magically fluffy. Plus, the rich, cinnamon sauce that the heavy cream makes as it bakes is PERFECT spooned on top of the warm rolls.
- Adaptable. You could absolutely use this TikTok technique with store-bought, baked cinnamon rolls. Simply warm them up in the oven soaked in heavy cream. Once you’ve dressed up ready-made cinnamon rolls this way, you’ll never go back!
What You’ll Need
The beauty of this viral cinnamon rolls recipe is that you don’t need to go through the extra step of preparing your own dough (although you could if you wanted to!). Below is a quick overview of the ingredients you’ll need. Remember to scroll to the recipe card for the full recipe details.
- Grands Cinnamon Rolls: These are the pre-packaged cinnamon rolls that come in cans in the refrigerator aisle. You can use any brand and size of rolls you’d like, whether it’s Pillsbury, Trader Joe’s, or a generic version. Keep in mind that if you purchase jumbo rolls, you’ll need to increase the baking time.
- Heavy Cream: The secret ingredient! I recommend using full-fat heavy cream for the best results.
- Melted Butter: Your butter can be salted or unsalted. Melt it in the microwave before you start.
- Cinnamon and Brown Sugar: You’ll combine the melted butter with cinnamon sugar to make a buttery caramel coating for your cinnamon rolls.
- Frosting: It’s totally up to you to use frosting or not, but what cinnamon roll isn’t made better with a slathering of cream cheese icing? I usually use the frosting that comes with the canned rolls, but you can also use homemade.
How to Make TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
While the oven preheats to 350ºF, give a 9×13-inch casserole dish or baking pan a light coating with cooking spray. Here’s how easy it is to get your cinnamon rolls ready for the oven:
- Cover the cinnamon rolls in heavy cream. Open up the cans of cinnamon rolls, leaving the frosting packets aside for now. Arrange the unbaked rolls inside the prepared pan. Next, pour the heavy cream all around the rolls.
- Add the cinnamon sugar topping. Quickly whisk together melted butter with cinnamon and brown sugar, then pour this over the cinnamon rolls. I know it might look a little weird at this point, but trust the process!
- Bake. Cover the pan with foil and pop it into the oven. Bake the rolls for 45-55 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the dough is baked through.
- Serve. Spread on that leftover icing from earlier all over the top of the cinnamon rolls while they’re still warm (but not right out of the oven), and then if you’re feeling extra, spoon some of the cinnamon-syrup that the baking created on top too! Prepare to be blown away. These are seriously the best!
Tips for Success
Leave it to TikTok to produce a cinnamon roll recipe that’s virtually foolproof! Still, here are a couple of bonus tips for the best results:
- Cover the pan with foil. This way the cinnamon rolls will stay moist while they bake and the sugar and cream won’t burn.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool before you frost them. Give them about 3-5 minutes to cool off once they’re out of the oven. Otherwise, the heat will melt the frosting.
- For easier clean-up, soak the pan in hot water after baking to help dissolve the sugar that’s become stuck to the pan.
There are plenty of ways to customize these internet-famous cinnamon rolls. Try these easy ideas:
- Nuts. Crumble over chopped pecans, almonds, or walnuts for extra crunch. You can also mix them into the cinnamon sugar sauce.
- Vanilla. Add a couple of drops of vanilla extract to the heavy cream before you soak the rolls for added flavor.
- Pumpkin spice. For a fall twist, swap out ground cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice, or whisk pumpkin spice into the heavy cream.
- Chocolate. For even more indulgence, drizzle the baked cinnamon rolls with pourable chocolate ganache. Or, maybe caramel sauce is more your speed!
How to Store TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
Store your baked cinnamon rolls airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. I love to warm mine up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
Can I Freeze These Cinnamon Rolls?
So, here’s the thing: I don’t recommend freezing these TikTok cinnamon rolls. Because this recipe uses heavy cream, there’s the chance that the dairy will split when it’s frozen and thawed.
That being said if you absolutely must freeze them, it’s still doable. Leave the cinnamon rolls unfrosted and wait for them to cool completely, then double-wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Freeze the rolls for up to 3 months and defrost them in the fridge overnight before reheating.
More Easy Baking Recipes
- Wacky Cake
- Ridiculous Chocolate Cake
- Pull Apart Cinnamon Roll Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Cake Mix Cookies
Make the viral TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream! This easy cinnamon rolls recipe tastes homemade, perfect as a sweet breakfast or easy dessert.
- 2 (5 count) cans of Grands Cinnamon Rolls (17.5- ounces each)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 with nonstick spray. Open the cans of cinnamon rolls and set the frosting containers aside.
- Place the cinnamon rolls evenly into the prepared pan and pour the heavy cream around the rolls.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the melted butter, cinnamon and brown sugar. Pour this mixture evenly on top of all the cinnamon rolls in the pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 – 55 minutes, until the cinnamon rolls are baked all the way and have absorbed almost all of the liquid in the pan.
- Spread the reserved icing on top and spoon the extra sauce that was created while baking on top too!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- View this recipe on TikTok.
Keywords: tiktok cinnamon rolls, tiktok cinnamon roll recipe, cinnamon rolls with heavy cream
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: