Cheeseburger Soup is a cheesy and easy soup recipe with all the flavors of a cheeseburger! Top it with bacon, lettuce, tomato, and croutons for a fun dinner that your kids will love!
This Easy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe will be a favorite in your house!
I am OBSESSED with this Cheeseburger soup! I will admit I am not much of a soup lover in general…I do like stews, but soup…meh. I don’t even really know what the difference is, except stew is thicker? It’s kind of like ice cream for me. Plain ice cream? No. Ice cream with all the things mixed in? Yes. It’s more about the STUFF, nit the broth (or ice cream).
Did that make any sense?
ANYWAY, let’s talk about today’s soup recipe, that is really more like a cheeseburger you eat with a spoon. It’s pretty ideal if you ask me.
How to make Cheeseburger Soup
This Cheeseburger soup recipe is so easy, AND I’ve included a Slow Cooker Option if you want to get it started ahead of time. It’s a nice option to be able to get things going ahead of time…especially in the case of a soup!
All you do is cook your onions and ground beef, add you liquids and seasonings and let it simmer! The fun part comes in the garnishes!
I included some optional garnishes in the recipe, and that’s what makes this recipe the most fun! You can set up a little topping bar along side the soup when you’re ready to serve it and everyone can add their favorites!
Can you make Cheeseburger Soup with ground turkey?
Of course! Ground turkey is a generally interchangeable with ground beef in recipes, and this one is no exception. You can even use turkey bacon as a garnish as well, if you’re looking to make the recipe a little leaner.
This Cheeseburger Soup recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner idea, but it’s also fantastic for entertaining! In the cooler temperatures when you don’t want to stand outside by the grill, make a big batch of Cheeseburger Soup as a fun alternative!
Looking for more soup recipes?Print
This cheeseburger soup recipe has all the flavors of a cheeseburger in soup form! Guaranteed to be a huge hit in your house!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (I used Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12- ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 slices American cheese, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a large (4-5 quart) Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add in the ground beef, and cook until no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Sprinkle meat with flour and steak seasoning and stir until coated. Add in the beef broth, Worcestershire, and evaporated milk, stir until combined. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in both cheeses and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and top with desired garnish
Slow Cooker Option: Follow step 1 as written, transfer meat and onions into your slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with flour and steak seasoning and stir until coated. Add in the beef broth, Worcestershire, and evaporated milk, stir until combined. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stir in cheeses until melted and serve warm and top with desired garnish.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cheeseburger, bacon, soup, soup recipe, easy recipe, cookies and cups