This Easy Cheeseburger Sliders recipe is perfect party food and they taste just like the popular slider burgers at White Castle! No making patties, just layer of flavor-packed meat, topped with cheese and a pickle! A HUGE party favorite!
Are you a cheeseburger fan? Make sure to try my Cheeseburger Soup recipe too!
Cheeseburger Sliders Are The Perfect Party Food!
I am always looking for easy party food. We love getting together with our friends for drinks or by the pool in the summer, and snacks are always necessary. Plus, I have boys who always have friends at the house, and this sliders recipe is PERFECT to feed hungry kids! The fact that these cheeseburger sliders taste almost exactly like White Castles is a bonus. And of course, since these are homemade they’re way better!
This Sliders Recipe is Made Easy with Ground Beef!
The best part of this slider recipe, is you don’t have to form individual meat patties! This saves a ton of time, which is why they are so great for parties! I definitely recommend using lean ground beef so there is less fat to drain from the skillet. If you don’t drain this well you will end up with soggy sliders, and that’s not fun. Using ground beef also makes seasoning the meat much easier, because once it’s cooked you can adjust the seasoning to suit your taste!
Kind of like a cheeseburger sloppy joe!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- yellow mustard
- 24 slider rolls
- olive oil
- an onion
- lean ground beef
- French Onion Soup Mix
- steak Seasoning, I used Montreal Steak Seasoning
- American cheese slices
- dill pickle slices
- sesame seeds
Tips For Making Cheeseburger Sliders:
Let me walk you through the assembly process for these Cheeseburger Sliders. The process only takes a few minutes, but there are a few tricks to make these perfect!
- Like I said above, use lean ground beef, so there is less fat to drain, and less fat to make your buns soggy.
- Mix up the sauce mixture of mayo, ketchup, and mustard. You will add this directly to your cooked meat. It is all the best hamburger toppings together, and mixing the burger sauce directly with the meat gets you the flavor in every bite!
- I like to use King’s Hawaiian slider buns for this recipe, but you can use whatever brand you prefer!
- Make sure to line your pan with foil or parchment paper and coat it with nonstick spray! You will cover the pan tightly with foil as well to create a steamed effect, a lot like White Castle Burgers!
- Try your best to layer everything evenly on the burgers! I use American Cheese on mine because it melts the best. And of course every burger deserves a pickle slice, but certainly if pickles aren’t your thing, you can leave them off!
- Once you place the bun tops on the burgers, brush them lightly with a little melted butter and a sprinkle of sesame seeds!
- When you bake these, I recommend placing your baking dish on top of a large cookie sheet in the oven to prevent the bottom buns from getting over cooked and crunchy. It can happen fast, and this trick helps a lot!
- Let the burgers sit covered after they are done for a few minutes. This helps make sure all the cheese is melted!
Can You Prep This Sliders Recipe Ahead?
This is a great recipe to serve a crowd, and yes can even assemble them ahead of time! Just prepare the sliders according to the recipe, cover and refrigerate until ready to bake! I would recommend removing them from the fridge 20-30 minutes before baking to take the chill off. Then bake them according to the recipe instructions, adding a few extra minutes because they will be cool.
Looking for more sliders recipes? Try These:Print
This sliders recipe is the PERFECT party food! They taste just like White Castle burgers but they are simple to make!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 24 slider rolls (I used King’s Hawaiian)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, small diced (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry French Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tablespoon Steak Seasoning (I used Montreal)
- 10 slices American Cheese
- 24 pickle slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 11×15 baking dish with foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Slice the slider rolls in half, and place the bottoms evenly into the prepared pan, setting the tops aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook, until soft and golden, stirring frequently.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until no pink remains, breaking the meat while cooking.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet. Add in the onion soup mix and the steak seasoning, stirring to combine.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the mayonnaise mixture and coat the meat evenly.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly on top of the slider rolls. Top with cheese slices, cutting to fit, if necessary. Top each with a pickle slice. Place the slider roll tops on top, and press down slightly.
- Brush the melted butter on top of the sliders, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil. Place the pan on a large cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove the pan from the oven and keep covered for 5-10 minutes before uncovering and serving.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can reheat the sliders in the microwave.
*Note – by placing the baking dish on a cookie sheet if helps the bottoms of the slider buns from getting crunchy, by creating a barrier.
Keywords:: party food ideas, game day food, cheeseburger sliders, super bowl food, white castle copycat
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: