Maple Sausage Breakfast Sliders are the answer to your morning routine. Whether it’s a school day or a weekend brunch these are guaranteed to get your day started off right.
My kids are all about breakfast sandwiches. While you may think they are little involved to make on a weekday before school, let me convince you otherwise. A little prep, a helping hand and the right ingredients are really the only things you need. These are honestly just as easy as my favorite pancake recipe! From start to finish you can have a pan of these Maple Sausage Breakfast Sliders in under 30 minutes. And let me just say, if your mornings are just too hectic to even consider turning on the oven, make these ahead of time and your kids can warm them up in the microwave in just a few seconds!
I, of course, employ my 11 year old when I make these. They’re simple enough he could make them on his own…and actually has!
Maple Sausage Breakfast Sliders!
The key to making these quick, is using Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast sausages. In a pinch they only take 40 seconds in the microwave to heat. And using them in this slider recipe is what makes the cook-time so low.
Gather your ingredients…
The only prep work you have to do is scramble your eggs.
Just layer the bottoms of the slider buns in a pan…top them with cheese and your Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage Patties.
Spread your scrambled eggs on top of that and then add some more cheese!
Place the tops of your slider buns on the eggs and then mix together some melted butter and maple syrup. Oh yeah, this is getting good.
Pour that mixture all over the tops of the buns. Just cover them and bake for a few minutes!
The cheese will melt, the sausages will be warm and the butter and maple syrup will soak right into the buns. This might just be the best breakfast going right now!
Like I said, you can eat them straight-away or make them the night before and reheat them! You could even prep everything ahead and bake them in the morning!
My sweet kiddo loves these Maple Sausage Breakfast Sliders!
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Try these!
- 12 small slider rolls
- 6–8 slices Muenster or Cheddar cheese
- 12 Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 12 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In an 9×9 or 11×7 baking dish lay out the bottoms of the slider buns. Set the tops aside. Place half of the cheese slices on the bottom buns. Place 1 sausage patty on top of the cheese on each bun.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and pour the whisked eggs into the pan. Cook the eggs, stir frequently until cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Spread the eggs evenly over the sausage. Place the remaining cheese slices evenly on top of the eggs.
- Top the cheese with the tops of the slider buns.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter. Whisk in the maple syrup and pour the mixture evenly on top of all the sliders.
- Cover the pan with foil and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake the sliders for 15 minutes covered. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.