Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Taco Truck Chili is the perfect fall dish! It has all the flavors of a taco, and the toppings are really where you make it your own!
PLUS a fun giveaway for a 6-quart Crock-Pot® Single Hand Cook & C
arry® 6-Quart Oval Slow Cooker (details below)!
During the Fall months my Slow Cooker is in regular rotation. And I have to admit, chili is my most favorite thing to make in mine. What we like best about chili in general is it serves as the perfect base to a) enjoy on its own OR b) use as a vessel to consume massive amounts of chili toppers.
Of course “b” is the obvious answer. I men who doesn’t like to get creative with their chili toppings? Think: sour cream, avocado, cheese, chips, lettuce, salsa, or even cheese quesadillas! There is nothing better than a hearty bowl of chili on a cool, fall day.
The great thing about this chili recipe is I use shredded beef, to mimic a taco truck taco, instead of using plain ground beef. Not only does the shredded meat make the chili WAY more interesting, it adds a texture that very “deconstructed taco”.
I used a boneless Chuck Roast for this recipe. It’s a fairly lean cut of meat, especially if you trim the excess fat, and it shreds really nicely.
Just season it with salt and pepper and sear the meat on all sides. You can skip the searing step if you’re short on time, I just prefer to sear the meat, as it adds a layer of flavor that I don’t feel can be duplicated.
Just place the meat in the Slow Cooker and then top with the remaining ingredients.
Just cook on high heat for 4-6 hours or low heat for 8-10!
The chili is done when the meat shreds apart easily. You can either shred the meat in the pot, or remove it and shred it separately and add back to the pot.
When it’s done you are good to go!
Of course you can’t stop there. The topping are KING! Get creative!
I adore this recipe and know you will too!Print
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3–4 pounds chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–2 chipotle peppers (from can of chipotle in adobo), diced
- 2 can Rotel, undrained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup beef stock or beer
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1–2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/8 cup flour
- Heat oil in skillet over high heat. Sear the meat on both sides and place in Crock-Pot®.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on high heat for 4-6 hours or low heat for 8-10 hours.
- -45 minutes before the chili is done remove 1/3 cup of the liquid from the pot. Mix in the flour and stir until smooth. Pour this back into the chili and cover and cook for 30-45 more minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove meat from the pot and shred, or alternatively shred meat right in the pan.
- Serve with taco toppings, like avocado, cheese, sour cream, and/or with corn chips.
Want To Save This Recipe?