The Easiest and Best Banana Muffins Recipe EVER! These are simple to whip up and perfect for a weekend breakfast. Loaded with banana and topped with crumb topping, I can’t get enough of this easy muffin recipe!
I feel like I definitely don’t give muffins enough play around here, and I don’t know why! I mean, who doesn’t love a muffin? I do have a few pretty choice muffin recipes here, ranging from Gooey Cinnamon Muffins all the way to the savory side with Pizza Muffins. BUT I have never posted a classic Banana Muffin recipe! Today we remedy that situation.
I used my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe and morphed them into muffins with a few necessary tweaks. It was easy, and you should make them.
These Banana Muffins are super easy to make, loaded with bananas and sprinkled with buttery crumb topping! I love these so much because they always turn out perfectly. They’re perfect to make over the weekend, and then you can grab them for a quick breakfast throughout the week!
How Do You Make Banana Muffins?
This Banana Muffin recipe is so easy! No mixer is needed, just a few very ripe bananas! Like I said, I adapted my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe for this recipe, because it’s the ABSOLUTE best! I tweaked it just little bit, because that recipe uses thinly sliced bananas to add extra moisture, but the banana slices don’t work as well in muffins. So found that if you mash them, but leave them fairly lumpy it works great! But I really like making banana bread AND these banana muffins with butter instead of oil because I find it adds more flavor!
Do You Have To Add Nuts To These Muffins?
I know adding nuts to baked goods is a personal preference, so I included the option for walnuts in the recipe card below, but you can certainly omit the nuts from this recipe as well! You can even add chocolate chips into the muffins if you like chocolate!
What Else Could You Add To These Muffins?
Banana Pairs well with so many things in baked goods! Here is a list of some fun add-in ideas!
- Chocolate Chips
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- White Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Spice
Can You Freeze These Banana Muffins?
YES! These Banana Muffins freeze perfectly! After they’ve cooled completely, you can just place them in a zip-top bag and freeze them for up to a month!
This is an Easy Banana Muffin Recipe You Need To Try!
Whether it be a weekend breakfast, or on a weekday before work and school, this muffin recipe is a great way to start your morning!
Want More Muffin Recipes? Try these!Print
These Banana Muffins are easy and delicious!
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- optional – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a fork, leaving them slightly lumpy, and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add the sour cream, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir until blended. Next mix in the flour until incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts, if desired.
- Portion out 1/4 cup batter into each muffin tin and prepare crumb topping.
- In a medium bowl combine all the crumb topping ingredients: granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, butter, and flour. The mixture should form large crumbs. Top each muffin with an equal portion of the crumb topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove and cool on a wire rack, or serve warm.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Optional: You can add in 1/2 cup chocolate chips if desired!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 489
- Sugar: 29.9 g
- Sodium: 370.1 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: banana bread, recipe, banana muffins, cookies and cups, banana
Want To Save This Recipe?
PIN for later: