Pizza Muffins! Your family will love this easy and quick dinner idea. They’re easy to customize by using your favorite pizza toppings like pepperoni, sausage, or veggie lovers!
Love savory muffins? Make sure to try my Corn Dog Muffins too!
Pizza Muffins Are An Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipe the Whole Family Will Love!
Pizza Muffins are so super simple! I am always on the hunt for new weeknight dinner ideas to keep things interesting. I can’t say that have a house full of picky eaters, but of course everyone has their favorites…and pizza seems to be at the top of everyone’s list.
Ordering pizza out, or making your own homemade pizza is fine, but when you want to mix it up a little bit, these Pizza Muffins are a fun alternative. Plus, they make a great lunch too!
Start With A Shortcut…
While you can definitely go the extra mile and make your own pizza dough, the beauty of this recipe is that you can tale a major shortcut and use canned biscuits! Not only are they a quick option, they are already round, so you can press them out flat with your fingers, or certainly use a rolling pin, but either way half the work is done for you!
Just press them flat and place them in a greased muffin tin.
Another way to add a layer of flavor to this recipe is to add a little garlic butter. It’s a simple step that packs a punch!
Just melting garlic with butter infuses it nicely.
Once you have it made, you simply brush the garlic butter onto the dough…
Meanwhile make a quick meat sauce. I just used ground beef, cooked with some diced onion, and garlic. I stirred in some pizza sauce and then chopped up some pepperoni and mixed that in too!
How To Customize…
If pepperoni isn’t your thing, here are a few other options:
- Cooked ground sausage
- Cooked Ground Beef
- Diced Canadian Bacon
- Sauteed Veggies
Just spoon your sauce mixture into the dough cups and add some cheese!
Bake them for about 20 minutes and they will look like this…
You can sprinkle some basil on top, like I did, or leave them plain.
Then dig in!
My family loves these…and I’ve made them lots of different ways! You can use ground sausage instead of the beef, you can add in mushrooms, olives… whatever kind of pizza you like will totally work!
PIN this recipe to save for later too!Print
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 10 muffins 1x
- 1 (7.5- ounce) can biscuits, 10 count
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 (14- ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated, low moisture mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out each biscuit until it’s approximately 5″ in diameter. Line each muffin tin with flattened biscuit.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat is cooked and the onions are soft. Drain excess fat if necessary. Add in the pepperoni and pizza sauce and cook until heated through. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl combine the butter and remaining 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Microwave for 15-20 seconds until the butter is melted. Brush the biscuits with the melted butter.
- Using a heaping spoonful, scoop the meat mixture evenly into each biscuit. Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges of the biscuit are golden and the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Want To Save This Recipe?
Find more recipes like this:
5 comments on “Pizza Muffins”
What brand of Pizza Sauce do you use???
My 15 year old son made these tonight for our Sunday dinner. They were easy to follow and tasted great! Thanks for the recipe!
Love hearing this!!!
These look great and so easy! Going to make some for my little guys lunch. Have you frozen them before, and if so would you recommend cooking before or after freezing? Thanks!