Crab Alfredo is a simple pasta recipe, that seems fancy! It’s rich, buttery, and creamy, loaded with crab meat and Old Bay seasoning. It only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish, and it is a dish that will really impress!
So I am having a crab moment. Is that weird? Like, last week alone I couldn’t stop thinking about crab cakes. In a majorly obsessive way. I am sure this means I have some sort of strange vitamin deficiency, but I am going to overlook that for now.
Anyhow, this past weekend I got busy with about 3 pounds of crab meat. Which means, I am going to inundate you here over the next few weeks with multiple crab recipes. Which probably also means I am alienating about half of you, but you CAN’T CONTROL A CRAVING!
And today, not only are we talking about crab, we are also carb loading. Because ALFREDO.
Yeah, this isn’t a light dish…BUT it’s an easy one. Actually it’s ridiculously easy…like literally made in 15 minutes. But while it’s a breeze to throw together, it’s SUPER impressive. It just seems way fancier than it actually is…and I’m not mad about it.
Crab Alfredo is a simple and elegant Alfredo Pasta Recipe!
This recipe calls for a pound of crab meat. I also used a combo of claw meat and lump crab meat… but that was just to mix it up. Use whatever type you prefer…just don’t use imitation. Save that for your California Roll. K thanks.
All you do is boil some fettuccine, and while that is boiling, melt together some light cream and butter…
Grate some Parmesan Cheese…
Do NOT use the pre-grated or powdery stuff. PLEASE. I actually love using a microplane/zester to grate my Parmesan.
Mix this into the cream/butter mixture. Add the crab, a little Old Bay, stir and voila! Add the glorious sauce your pasta…
Stir to combine…
Garnish with a little fresh parsley…
And omg yes.
This is absolutely ridiculous. In the best way possible!
Looking for more pasta recipes? Try these:Print
This is a classic alfredo pasta recipe upgraded with crab!
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound crab meat
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Make sure to liberally salt the pasta water once it starts boiling before adding in the pasta.
- When the pasta is almost done place butter and cream in a saucepan and heat until the butter melts. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted. Add in the Old Bay seasoning and the crab meat and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Drain pasta, place in a large bowl and immediately toss with cream sauce.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on pasta and sprinkle a little extra Old Bay on top to garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Store airtight in refrigerator for up to 3 days
Keywords: pasta recipe, dinner recipe, crab, cookies and cups, alfredo