Brown Sugar Pancakes are the best pancake recipe ever! These pancakes are made with simple ingredients, so they are easy, soft, fluffy and cook perfectly every time.
My Brown Sugar Pancakes Recipe make the BEST homemade pancakes EVER!
If I could eat breakfast food all day long I absolutely would! And pancakes top my list of favorite breakfast foods! Today I’m sharing the only from scratch pancake recipe you will ever need, and I couldn’t be more excited about it!
Homemade Pancakes are an easy breakfast idea!
There once was a time when making homemade pancakes from scratch scared me. I mean I wasn’t scared OF pancakes…but I was scared to MAKE them. It wasn’t some overly dramatic phobia…it was just that…well…every time I tried I epically failed.
Dang pancakes, with all their simplicity…I just couldn’t get the hang of it! I either uncooked and flipped too early, resulting in splattered batter errwherrr. OR I overcooked, burned and tried to disguise said burn with an unhealthy waterfall of maple syrup, fooling no one. Homemade pancakes were just one of those foods that I just preferred to leave up to the profesh staff at my local ihop. or is it iHop? APPLE YOU’RE RUINING MY LIFE!
Anywhooooo. Since I am not a quitter…except when it comes to diet and exercise…I grabbed a fun spatula and got back on the horse. Also, let’s just say that buying a fun spatula sometimes is all the incentive one needs. That and the promise of sugary carbs at the finish line.
ps- I know that’s “supposedly” an Omelet spatula, but let’s all move on.
This easy pancake recipe is a game changer, and I am confident to say this pancake recipe will be part of your Saturday morning routine!
Tips on how to make the perfect homemade pancakes!
Not only have I mastered the pancake…I am inclined to say I am victorious in the pancake game. Let’s talk about why my brown sugar pancake recipe is the best pancake recipe!
- Using brown sugar makes the whole situation a little more pulled together. Like all along the pancake was just crying for brown sugar and no one listened. They don’t necessary taste like brown sugar, there is just an added depth of flavor that sets this pancake recipe apart!
- The batter is remarkably simple. No Bisquick is ever necessary. You most likely have all the ingredients to make these pancakes in your kitchen right now! Simple ingredients make this an easy pancake recipe.
- When you are cooking your pancakes, the key to to cook them low and slow. Actually medium-low and slow-ish. When you have your heat on too high the pancake brown without cooking all the way through, making flipping your pancake a messy situation.
How to make FLUFFY Pancakes every time!
Butter. Doesn’t butter always make things better?
- If you are going to make the BEST pancakes, I strongly encourage that you cook the pancakes on a griddle that has been greased with butter. Certainly there is nothing wrong with nonstick spray, or oil, but the butter just adds that extra delicious crisp on the outside of your pancake.
- Also, this brown sugar pancakes recipe includes baking powder, which really keeps these pancakes light, fluffy, and thick!
This Brown Sugar Pancake Recipe is an easy pancake recipe you will LOVE!
When you are done making this easy homemade pancake recipe, you will have is a gorgeous stack of brown sugary goodness, that you should definitely top with a little extra butter…yes, more butter.
And a healthy drizzle of real maple syrup.
Or an unhealthy drizzle. No judgy.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Try these:Print
These Brown Sugar Pancakes are easy, fluffy, and thick! They’re the BEST!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- butter for frying
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar together.
- In separate bowl whisk the eggs, vanilla and milk together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Lastly mix in the melted butter and stir until combined, the batter will be slightly lumpy. Set the batter aside while you heat your griddle to medium-low heat. Melt a small pat of butter on the griddle and then scoop out 1/2 cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook until the edges are set and bubbles form on top of the pancake. Flip and cook until browned.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: pancakes, best pancakes, brown sugar pancakes, pancake recipe, homemade pancakes